At Maark we believe that every interaction a user has with a product should be designed to work for them. That doesn't just take the combined efforts of user experience and visual designers but also the designers who build the interactions. UX Engineers bring designs to life and sweat every detail. They focus on adding animations and details to interfaces not to just delight users but to improve their understanding of what the UI is doing. At Maark we believe this role is extremely important to creating the best possible experience for our clients and their customers.
In this role you will work as part of the design team and develop front-end interfaces for the web. As part of the design process you will translate concepts into prototypes to test potential animations, interactions, design details, and feedback mechanisms. As a team we all try to keep up on the design industry and we'd look to you to contribute input on trends and new ways for users to interact with devices and interfaces.
As a team, we work together in person at least once a week but for the rest of the week we work remotely. Over the years we have found that people who are well organized and are comfortable managing their own personal time fit best. On top of that, the clients we work with range from large financial institutions to telecoms to hospitality to bio-engineering — we love learning new subjects and researching our clients' businesses and look to work with people who are just as naturally curious.
What you would work on...
- Building front-end interfaces for the web
- Translating concepts into working prototypes
- Iterating on interactions, animations, feedback, and design details reaching for the best experience possible
- Providing input on trends and new ways for users to interact with devices and data
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent
- Have experience developing for web applications
- Have experience creating interactive prototypes
- Care for code quality, user experience, and design details
- Have a strong appreciation for design, typography, and visual systems
- Are very well organized and strong personal time management
- Have a natural interest in researching and learning new subjects and our clients' businesses
Nice to have experience
- A design portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, visual systems, interaction design, visual design, and a design process
- Experience developing interfaces for iOS and/or Android
- Competitive salary
- 100% COMPANY PAID health, dental & Life Insurance
- New 5k iMac
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
Maark is a strategic marketing and innovation agency for global companies - headquartered in Cambridge, MA. We help our clients define and articulate their vision, design new connected customer experiences, and develop applications at the intersection of where what’s possible meets what’s relevant. The Maark creative team is made up of artists, illustrators, designers, and developers, all focused on creating the best experiences for B2B markets.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
Maark is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Maark to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.