Senior Digital Designer
Full Time — Boston, MA
All digital designers at Maark are expected to have a deep experience with design principals—typography, composition, visual systems. Beyond those core skills, we look for designers who can understand our clients' business problems and deliver an exceptional level of insight and relevance. We look for designers who can articulate the user's experience, research and learn new industries, tell visual stories, and speak to how experiences will be implemented. Senior digital designers at Maark are well-rounded creatives that understand the context and impact of their work.
At Maark, we work as a multi-disciplinary team that values strategy, story, design and technology in every project that we take on. You'll help us define how branded applications should work as well as how they should look, while collaborating in a high-demand environment focused on the needs of our clients.What you will work on...
- help define the product vision with creative directors, project stakeholders, and other designers for new products, existing products, brands, and campaigns.
- design web and native interfaces for branded, data-heavy, and complex applications
- create final visual design, along with wireframes, design specs, motion comps, and prototypes—anything you can make to better tell the story and convey the final product
- writing and defending your own briefs explaining your vision for a project
- helping identify key design and interaction principals for a project
- have a BFA/BS degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent
- 6+ years of professional experience
- proven history of designing and shipping user experiences across native and web platforms
- excellent communication and storytelling skills. Confident in discussing design, your solutions, and your process
- confident working both individually and in small teams
- a strong foundation in typography, composition, visual systems, interaction design, visual design, and a design process
- can describe the business strategy, story, design execution and technology requirements behind your work
are a problem solver at heart. On all teams at Maark (creative, engineering, and management) problem solving plays a large role in our day-to-day work. Our work is always more than how something looks or how something was built but more closely aligns with how we solved a client or user's problem. These problems are often complex and related to new businesses or industries that most designers and engineers are not extremely familiar with. Team members at Maark go above and beyond to learn about these problems and propose new and better solutions to our clients and their users.
are extremely organized and independent. Maark is a small team of creators that work closely with clients to help them realize their vision. This requires everyone at Maark to effectively manage their time and be responsible for their work. The businesses we are working with and the problems we are solving can be very complex—independent management values help make that complexity approachable.
Nice to have experience...
- writing your own HTML and CSS
- Competitive salary
- 100% health and dental
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
Maark is a strategic marketing and innovation agency for global companies - headquartered in Boston, MA. We help our clients define and articulate their vision, design new connected customer experiences, and develop applications at the intersection of where what’s possible meets what’s relevant. The Maark creative team is made up of artists, illustrators, designers, and developers, all focused on creating the best experiences for B2B markets.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
Maark is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Maark to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.