At MAARK, we are passionate about bringing innovation and advanced concepts to life and sweating every detail in order to create the best possible experience for our clients and their customers. We believe that every interaction and transaction a user has with a product should be designed and built to work for that individual.
The clients we work with span a host of verticals – ranging from large financial institutions to telecoms to hospitality to bio-engineering. And the problems we solve for them range from highly animated, interactive frontends, to complex business rules on the backend, to IoT solutions that bridge digital and real worlds. We love diving into new subjects and researching our clients' businesses and look to work with people who are just as naturally curious.
Maark is looking for a DevOps Engineer to own their core AWS cloud infrastructure. The full-time employee role would be Boston-based. As a team, we work together in person twice a week in our Boston office, but for the rest of the week, we work remotely. Over the years we have found that people who are well organized and are comfortable managing their own personal time fit best.
This role is a mixture of typical build and release engineering activities, DevOps tasks, and Cloud administration and server management activities.Responsibilities include:
- Design and manage Maark AWS infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining continuous integration/delivery/deployment pipelines
- Design, build, test, monitor, manage and maintain tool-chains for critical DevOps functions
- Lead cross-functional go-live activities into production environments
- Ensure all necessary AWS cloud monitoring, alerting and backup solutions are in place
- On-call availability to diagnose and recover systems outside business hours when required
- Establish best-practices for all DevOps activities
- BS or MS in a computer-related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development roles
- Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure and services, including: IAM, S3, EC2, EBS, Route 53, RDS, Elasticsearch, VPC
- Build and deployment tools, such as Jenkins, Maven, Puppet
- Git version control
- Experience in systems administration with Linux platforms (Windows experience is a plus)
- Network topologies and common network protocols and services: DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP
- Strong scripting and automation skills
- Experience working in a 24/7 always-up, always available service
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with MySQL and MS SQL databases
- Must have strong sense of ownership, urgency, and self-motivation
Maark is a strategic marketing and innovation agency for global companies - headquartered in Charlestown, MA. We help our clients define and articulate their vision, design new connected customer experiences, and develop applications at the intersection of where what’s possible meets what’s relevant.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
Maark is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Maark to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.