Senior Web Engineer
At MAARK, we are passionate about bringing innovation and advanced concepts to life and sweating every detail in order to create the best possible experience for our clients and their customers. We believe that every interaction and transaction a user has with a product should be designed and built to work for that individual.
The clients we work with span a host of verticals – ranging from large financial institutions to telecoms to hospitality to bio-engineering. And the problems we solve for them range from highly animated, interactive frontends, to complex business rules on the backend, to IoT solutions that bridge digital and real worlds. We love diving into new subjects and researching our clients' businesses and look to work with people who are just as naturally curious.
In this role, you will work as part of our growing development team to craft and build fullstack applications and sites for the web. We work on highly creative projects, utilize a wide variety of fullstack technologies, and empower each of our developers to create innovative solutions and explore and master emerging web technologies.
As a team, we work together in person at least once a week in our Cambridge, MA office, but for the rest of the week, we work remotely. Over the years we have found that people who are well organized and are comfortable managing their own personal time fit best.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in Web development.
- Fullstack experience, preferably Node.js or Laravel/PHP, delivering solutions in production environments.
- Experience with build systems, such as gulp and grunt.
- Proven experience with REST APIs to connect clients with back-end web services.
- Savvy understanding of UI/UX principles.
- Proven understanding of MVC architecture.
- Experience working with relational databases and/or NOSQL is a plus.
- Experience working with popular CMS backends (such as Wordpress, Drupal, and AEM) is a plus.
- Expertise with DevOps tools, processes, and services, particularly AWS.
- Competitive salary
- 100% company paid health, dental, short-term and long-term disability, life and vision insurance
- New 5k iMac
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
Maark is a strategic marketing and innovation agency for global companies - headquartered in Cambridge, MA. We help our clients define and articulate their vision, design new connected customer experiences, and develop applications at the intersection of where what’s possible meets what’s relevant.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better experience for our clients.
Maark is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of Maark to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Local candidates only, please.